Application O&O (Research and development grant)
ONTWIKKELING- EN ONDERZOEKSSUBSIDIES
The grant scheme Research and Development Grants / de Regeling Onderzoeks- en Ontwikkelingssubsidies (O&O grants) is open to individual visual artists who are registered with the Art Office of CBK Rotterdam.
Its aim is to stimulate (artistic) research and development of the artistic practice, so that existing practices are able to flourish and become more visible. This grant scheme receives its funding from the City of Rotterdam; CBK Rotterdam is responsible for its implementation.
The (research) project, research trip or artist-in-residency should explicitly not be a continuation of everyday practice, but rather a limited period of artistic (visual) research and development with a clear research question / a clearly defined objective and method.
A more international development of the professional practice, like an artist-in-residency or a research trip, is also possible, as long as it is an essential part of a research and development project in the context of this grant scheme.
Artistic research projects and/or experiments or publications are eligible projects as well, provided that they are an essential part of a research and development project in the context of this grant scheme.
Examples of O&O-projects (in Dutch)
For individual artists who are registered with CBK Rotterdam.
Projects with a collective objective are not eligible for an O&O grant.
The O&O grant scheme has three application rounds per year.
The deadline for 2020:
Round 3: Fri 23 October (till 23.00 hrs)
All applications will be assessed by the advisory committee Research and Development Grants / Ontwikkeling- en Onderzoeksubsidies.
Members of the advisory committee 2020:
Yin Yin Wong
Ad de Jong
Niekolaas Johannes Lekkerkerk
Ronald Cornelisse (a.i.)
Applications for O&O grants should be submitted digitally as a PDF file via WeTransfer to email@example.com.
Would you like to discuss your O&O application before you send it in? Then please sign up online for the O&O consultation hour, prior to every application round. A consultation will take half an hour at the most. Please make sure that you have prepared your O&O application and specific questions as much as possible. The consultation hour is specifically intended for artists who have never applied for an O&O grant before.
An O&O application consists of
- The application form: please fill it out, print it, sign it and scan it as a PDF or JPEG file.
- The O&O proposal itself, as one PDF file (items 2 to 9 of the application form).
- The budget (item 5) as a separate document.
- A summary of the proposal (item 10).
- Furthermore, it is very important that the information on your personal page on www.rotterdamsekunstenaars.nl is always up-to-date.
- Please read the official regulation thoroughly, as well as the explanatory notes to the application form before you put together your application.
- Applications received after the closing date and/or sent by post will not be taken into consideration.
- Please check this website and cbkrotterdam.nl regularly for up-to-date information, plus keep an eye on the Tips & Oproepen (Tips and Calls) newsletters.
- You will receive the results of the committee no later than eight weeks after the deadline.
- The maximum amount you can apply for is € 10.000,-.
If you have any further questions, please contact Art Office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements report O&O-grant 2019
If you receive a grant of more than € 5.000, you are required to submit an interim report (in addition to your final report). This report should be submitted at approximately two-thirds of the duration of your project. After approval of the interim report, you are eligible for a second advance payment.
After the completion of your O&O-project, CBK Rotterdam needs to be able to determine whether you were rightfully granted the amount that was indicated in the grant letter. The definite amount of the grant will be determined on the basis of a final report that suits the form of the project. This report should be submitted to CBK Rotterdam within 6 weeks of the completion date mentioned in the grant letter.
Submitting your report
Together with the images, send your O&O (interim) report as a Word document (max 10 GB) with your name and the O&O reference number via WeTransfer to: email@example.com
CBK Rotterdam aims to assess all reports within a period of four weeks.
After approval of the report, artists can send an invoice to: firstname.lastname@example.org